Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Little Things

This past Friday night was busy. After a yummy volunteer dinner in Antigua, I got to have my first experience in the discotecas, which were… something. I’m definitely going to need to learn to love the reggaeton music! It was a fun but late night. Saturday was another full day of playing tour guide in Antigua for some of the other volunteers. Call me a grandma, but by the time Saturday night came around, all I wanted to do was hang out around the house.

That evening back at NPH, I decided it was time to break into my emergency stash of Oreos with some of the other volunteers. It was a good call. (Have Oreos always been that delicious?) I was also super pumped about my purchase of a little bracelet for about $1.25 USD (bartering is the best!) in Antigua that day. It’s just like one of my favorite bracelets from Bali that I love! The rest of the night was filled with games of Skip Bo, blogging, journaling, and listening to the rain fall on the roof. Sunday was lazy and I did my first loads of laundry. I was stoked to be able to line dry my clothes. I was also able to Skype the family and send a few emails to friends. The second half of the weekend was quiet and chill, but just what I needed. It’s funny how the little things and aspects of normal life can be so comforting sometimes.
Oreos, Skip Bo, and a new bracelet. It doesn't take too much to make me happy.
Saving the planet, one load of laundry at a time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad our laundry skills have rubbed off on you! Love the clothes line! So the care package list in my mind is growing... add oreos. Check!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete