Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy Birthday, America!

While I was a little sad to be away for the Fourth of July, celebrating it in Antigua wasn’t bad! At school that day, Sister Cecelia bought some pan dulces (sweet bread) for everbody and wrote a cute little sign that said “Happy Birthday, America”.
Pan dulces! :)
Also, there were three students/teachers living in the house by this point in the week- Matt (American), Karen (Norwegian), and me. As traveling will do to a group of people, we had all become pretty fast friends. I think we would have been friends anyways though since Karen and Matt were both awesome! Anyways, Matt and I definitely wanted to celebrate America's special day, and Karen was game to go out with us. So, that night we wandered down to a local bar and had a drink in honor of America. We were even lucky enough to catch a few "bombas" (fireworks) in the sky on the way back. Thank goodness Antigua has a significant expat population!
"Gallo", a Guatemalan beer. I liked it, especially because every sip I took was for liberty and justice for all.
Bomba/firework! And checkout the backsides of Matt and Karen- looking good, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment