Sunday, August 18, 2013

Med School Phase 2: DONE-ZO


I would like to apologize for the sparseness of my blog posting lately, but I promise I have a good excuse! I have been busy pounding out secondary applications for medical schools. (Side note about the process of applying to medical school- most schools automatically send secondary applications. Thus, as much as I appreciate the cheers of friends for “passing the first round”, I do not really deserve any special praise since this is normal. Thanks anyways though!) Three weeks and 12 applications later, I am finally done YAAAAAAAY!!! I might have a few more secondaries to fill out from more selective schools later, but for now I can rest. It feels FANTASTIC to finally have free time again. I cannot wait to exercise, read, study Spanish, hang out with people, WRITE FOR MY BLOG, and just chilllll more. I foresee lots of novels and cups of tea in the near future. Ahhhh life is good :)

For me, it is very interesting to note how my perspective has changed with my new environment. As a motivation to power through the last of my applications this weekend, I had purchased an avocado, lime, and Coke to enjoy as my reward after finishing. In America, while I still would like all those things, they would never have been what I fixated on as my motivation. During this year of service in Guatemala however, they are a freaking treat, let me tell you. Like man, I was stoked to sit down, slice open my avo, squeeze on the lime juice, and add a dash of salt. It is a fruit so I could even be happy that I was eating something healthy too! And ohhh geeze, that effervescent fizz when I first opened my soda? HEAVEN. Normally I try to avoid soda, but today I absolutely did not care that I was drinking something with zero nutritional value. The sugary carbonation could not be surpassed. EVERYTHING WAS SO WORTH IT.

Anyways, the point of this post is to let my blog readers know that more posts are on the way soon. A lot of things have happened over the last few weeks that I would love to share, so stay tuned and I will “backpost” as fast as I can. Thanks for sticking with me while I had to be boring and write a lot of essays about why I am diverse and what I can contribute to the field of medicine ;)
Kind of makes me want to do secondaries all over again. EXCEPT MAYBE NOT.

2 comments:

  1. I love this, I had the same exact blogging hiatus and subsequent joyful return, all because of SECONDARIES. Everyone's favorite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patrick, it made my morning to see that you commented on my blog. Thank you so much for reading! Ahhhh, I'm so glad you can emphasize with me over SECONDARIES. It was a really fun time haha ;) BUT, they're done... WE'RE DONE! Good luck with the rest of the application process. I'm sure you're going to do great. You'll have to let me know where you end up. Also, what's your blog? I'd love to read it!

      Delete