Sunday, September 29, 2013

September Proyectos Familiares

September brought two more proyectos familiares, and they were both great! I was riding a pizza high after the Casa 4 cena, and so for both of my projects we made Hawaiian pizza. (The kids love making pizza!) For my first proyecto this month, I had a family of four. One is working as a tía (caregiver), two are in high school, and the last is in middle school Here are a few of them showing off their pizza right before we put it in the oven...
Ham, cheese, and pineapple heaven!
We had a great time playing Uno and enjoying our delicious pizza. When the time came to take the family photo at the end, things got interesting. Much to my annoyance, the youngest boy (who is from my section) wouldn't make a nice face (I was ready to be done by this point). As much as I didn't want to admit it, it was kind of funny to look at all the pictures. Check out his goofy mug!
1, 2, 3... smile! Hey, that's not a smile! >:(
Okay, that was funny but smile this time... STOP THAT.
HAHAHA (not), for real this time please... UGH. SERIOUSLY?
But finally, he finally gave me a decent smile and I snapped a pic of the family :)
For my second proyecto, I had two brothers who are both in high school. They were great. We really just kind of hung out for a few hours and made some delicious pizza. I was super lucky that they were both in the bakery workshop and manhandled the pizza dough like it was nothing. Thank you, boys! We were using a space with lots of games and activities, so we had a lot of fun just messing around with everything while the pizza was baking.
wobble wobble baby
Thank you for such a great project, boys!
I'll be honest. Sometimes it's hard to muster up the animo before a project, but I'm always pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoy myself once we actually get started. I've been really lucky with my first few proyectos since I've had nothing but great groups of siblings.  This quote is painted on the wall of the area I used for my second proyecto. Translated, it says "If we stop growing, we begin to die." I absolutely love that quote, and it's my mantra for the year. Through proyectos and everything that life is bringing me right now, I look forward to continuing to grow this year with NPH.
Channel this, Jess.

No comments:

Post a Comment