Saturday, November 30, 2013

October and November Proyectos Familiares

October and November held some great "proyectos familiares" (family projects). Here are a few pictures and a quick blurb about each of them.

The "Something New". 1 brother, 1 sister. I had my first project with some of our special needs kids. It was great! I got to work with another volunteer and we cooked up some delicious pancakes that were enjoyed by all.
happily doodling
pancake-y joy.
The "Challenge". 2 brothers, 1 sister. The boys had a lot of extra energy that they apparently decided to burn off during proyecto, but we got through it. Jenga and brownies, a classic proyecto combo for me!
even though the brother in the middle refused to take a good picture...
...we still had a good time :)
The "BIG ONE". 6 brothers. We played Spoons using Uno cards and Jenga blocks with another volunteer who was helping out. I know, I know, soooo creative and resourceful ;) At the end we all nommed on a delicious brownie. These brothers are all so nice and polite. I had a great time!
non-traditional Spoons
brotherly love
I really, really like each of these boys.
The "Mature Proyecto Amistad". 2 amigas in high school. If a pequeño doesn't have siblings in the house, they do a "friendship project" instead of a "family project" with another pequeño of a similar age without siblings. I went to Chimaltenango to meet up with these two young ladies and had a great time munching on nachos in the park, chatting it up, and just hanging out. The little baby pequeños are cute, but the nice thing about older pequeños for proyects is that you can connect with them and actually have really nice conversations. I like the variety that comes with proyectos amistades/familiares.
That's all I've got to say! A few months full of some great projects... Keep 'em coming, NPHG! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment